We only install asphalt shingles from respected companies such as Owens Corning and Tamko. There are many varieties and colors to choose from.
Proper planning and knowing what you want can head off a lot of potential problems and delays - whether you need a new roof or just some repairs. Durability, expected life span, and resistance to wind and algae growth are all important considerations in the selection of your new shingles. Your climate - annual rainfall, relative humidity, typical wind conditions and storms, etc. - impacts the importance of these features. Shingle warranties range from 20-, 25- and 30-year terms to limited lifetime terms.
Slate & Synthetic Slate Roofing
A great roofing material, slate is a fine-grained sedimentary rock derived from clay or volcanic ash. Slate is made of natural stone quarried from the Northeast United States, Canada, Virginia, Wales, Spain, China, South Africa, and other parts of the world.
Lamarite Slate Composite Shingles are made of innovative composite materials that are robust, fire resistant, and enduring. Lamarite shingles are formed to the specific textures and contours of slate to create authentic dimension and beauty. They're lighter in weight and more resistant against cracking under inclement weather or heavy foot traffic.
The Classic beauty of Lamarite Slate Composite Shingles is available in scalloped and diamond-cut variations, offering more ways to add distinction to your home. They are ideal for specific areas such as turrets and towers, or over the entire roof. And because they are from TAMKO, you can count on unmatched protection and support.
The images below are from another great supplier of Slate Roofing - GAF. The TruSlate™ system from GAF-Elk can make your dream of owning a genuine slate roof a reality. The TruSlate™ system features:
- Real hand-split quarried slate
- An ingenious installation system
- An affordable price
Why use Metal as a roofing product?
- Metal roofing can come in a wide variety of colors and shapes (profiles) giving you a greater choice in helping to make your home be the most beautiful home in the neighborhood.
- Metal is non-combustible thus giving you added protection.
- Metal will not absorb or become damaged by exposure to water.
- Metal will shed ice and snow in the winter time.
- Most metal products are made from recycled metal products thus offering you an environmentally friendly roofing products.
- Most metal roofing products are qualified for a Class 4 rating under Under Laboratories UL 2218 test standard for "Impact Resistant of Roofing Materials". This can result in a large savings on Insurance Costs.
Emulating the organic beauty of real wood with an authentic grain pattern, Lamarite®Shingles make the wood shake look a more practical roofing option for homeowners. Made from materials that are robust, fire resistant, and enduring, Lamarite shingles make owning the beauty of wood practical for the first time ever.
- Available in three colors: Cedar, Weathered Wood, and Dove Grey. 5-, 7-, and 12-inch widths available. Can be installed with a uniform or offset exposure to add incredible depth and dimension.
- Shade variation has been designed into the Lamarite production process to provide a more realistic random appearance found in nature. Our application instructions take advantage of that quality to help create the natural beauty of a shake roof and reduce the effects of fading experienced by all roofing products
- As with real shake, Lamarite Shake Composite Shingles will weather to a lighter shade after exposure to the environment creating a natural, beautiful look. TAMKO recommends viewing an actual roof installation prior to final color selection for the full impact of color blending, weathering and patterns